Dramaturgy based on the transcriptions of the court trial to “la manada”, builded up with fragments of the court declarations of defendants and the accuser.
A documental fiction from a very real material, too much real, allowing a trip inside the minds of the victim and her aggressors. A court trial where the victim is forced to provide more details on her personal intimacy than the defendants. A case that once more removes the concept of masculinity and its relationship with sex in our society. A court trial that sets up a milestone. By Jordi Casanovas. Directed by Miguel del Arco.
Spectacle part of the documental theatre double-program Port Arthur / Jauría
- Fran Cantos
- Álex García
- María Hervás
- Ignacio Mateos
- Martiño Rivas
- Raúl Prieto
- Text: Jordi Casanovas.
- Direction: Miguel del Arco.
- Production direction:Aitor Tejada y Jordi Buxó .
- Executive Production: Pablo Ramos Escola.
- Scenography and wardrobe: Alessio Meloni.
- Light Design: Juan Gómez Cornejo.
- Music: Arnau Vilà
- Sound design: Sandra Vicente (Studio340).
- Photography: Vanessa Rábade.
- Graphics design: Patricia Portela.
- Communication: Pablo Giraldo.
- Distribution: Caterina Muñoz Luceno.
- Direction assistant: Xus de la Cruz.
- Acknowledgements: Isabel Valdés, Rita Deiana.
‘Jauría’ goes directly into the vein. Awesome María Hervás, splendid quintet of actors, huge works of Jordi Casanovas and Miguel del Arco
Marcos Ordoñez EL PAÍS March 22nd 2019
“Shocking, emotionally tough, perturbing…it has the high voltage resulting of the drama about limit situations, the irracionality lived as something normal”
Diego Doncel ABC March 15th 2019
…Because what it really frightens one after the play is not to corroborate that some behaviours are abominable, but to confirm that some people who display those behaviours do not really know what is exactly abominable in them.
Raúl Losánez LA RAZÓN March 7th 2019
“Don’t stop to have conversations around this play. Only in that way it is possible to heal the sadness that it produces.”
LA CLÁ March 28th 2019
“…one of those pieces that makes you feel theatre as something alive and neccesary for our society.”
Allweber LOVE 4 MUSICALS March 27th 2019
“…is theatre portraiting a society, ourselves, it subdues us over an hour and at the end we leave free with a small thread of hope…”
Arturo Padrón Mardteatro March 26th 2019
“The public gulps, claps at the end of the play, when the actors hug each other after this inmersion in the horror. And the words remain, cuando termina la función, cuando los actores se abrazan después de esta inmersión en el horror. Y las palabras se quedan, flying over us and questionning ourselves.”
Raquel Jiménez Jiménez zenda March 14th 2019
“The silence in the theatre during the whole play says a lot of the greatness of the show, able to leave everyone collapsed, with the heart crouched”
Fernando Muñoz Jaén Vista teatral March 13th 2019
“This is a must-see, something you must live and must rembember.”
David García TeatroMadrid March 10th 2019
“The tension provoked on the stage takes over the theatre from the begining until the end of the extraordinary play. Essential.”
José-Miguel Vila Ociocritico March 8th 2019
…”with rhytm, fidelity, cared dramaturgy to the milimeter in order to transmit an objective message…Jauría is an essential, a must-see and needed premiere”
Ismael Lomana EN PLATEA March 8 2019
- 25th. Premier at Palacio Valdés Theatre, Avilés, Asturias.
- 6th. Premier at EL PAVÓN KAMIKAZE THEATRE, Madrid.
- 14th. Meeting with the public, EL PAVÓN KAMIKAZE THEATRE, Madrid.
- 1st to 21st. EL PAVÓN KAMIKAZE THEATRE, Madrid.
- 26th. Central Theater, Sevilla
- 5th. Francesc Tárrega Theater, Benicassim, Castellón
- 11th. New Theatre of Felguera, Langreo, Asturias
- 25th. El Musical Theatre, Valencia