As a starting point of this letter I would like to refer to my pamphlet “The purple island”. All the critic, without exception, has qualified this work as a “complete, toothless and a mediocre nullity” and as a “libel against the revolution” […] But then, what is it? Is The purple island a “sad and mediocre monstrosity” or a “incisive and hurting pamphlet”?
- Lucía Barrado
- Manolo Caro
- Montse Diez
- Nerea Moreno
- Germán Torres
- Juan Vinuesa
- Lights Design: Pau Fullana
- Scenography Design: Eduardo Moreno.
- Wardrobe Design: Sandra Espinosa.
- Sound Design: Mariano García.
- Scenography assistant: Lorena Puerto Rojo
- Wardrobe assistant: Isabel Valhondo
- Direction of production: Ángel Verde, Aitor Tejada, Jordi Buxó
- Production assistant: Pablo Ramos Escola
- Direction assistant: Fran Guinot.
- Dramaturgy and Direction: José Padilla.
With the support of Comunidad de Madrid.
With the collaboration of Teatro Palacio Valdés de Avilés and Conde Duque Madrid.
“I have expected a play like this one from long ago, able to surprise me, unpredictable, disconcerting, with the interpretative strength that deserves a text speaking about the need for intelectual expression freedom…”
Lara Martínez Martínez ABC 14 mayo 2016
“José Padilla updates and miniaturizes with genius a really funny unpublished satire of Bulgakov”
Javier Vallejo EL PAÍS 11 may 2016
“Is a brave version Padilla has performed…or maybe…the only possible way out: assuming that life and performance are always fatally tied up, making out profits from that.
Alfonso Crespo Diario de Sevilla 14 may 2016
“…a big part of the play goes by the delirious ways of satire…and I must say the result is hilarious…the play turns 180 degrees that make the spectator to confront a closer reality …”
Miguel Pérez Valiente GLOSAS TEATRALES 31 January 2016
“…there are plays, that by the conjunction of the stars-author, director, actors, producers…- rise the final product to the category of the extraordinary, special, even sublime. This is, with no doubts, the case of ‘La isla púrpura’…”
José-Miguel Vila Diariocrítico 26 enero 2016
“Interesting and irregular, reaches the brilliantness when the theater authenticity imposes the truths of the boatman”
Alberto Piquero El Comercio 1 noviembre 2015 (Avilés)
- 21 to 23 La Zona Kubik, Madrid
- 13 and 14. Teatro Central, Sevilla
- 30. PREMIER at Teatro Palacio Valdés de Avilés
- 6 and 7. Teatro Guimerá at Tenerife.